Lumax Software LLC just released Drafty 4.0 with a whole new suite of advanced drawing tools and cross-functionality with other leading CAD programs.
What’s new in Drafty 4.0?
- DXF Import, with layer mapping to Drafty’s Smart Layering system
- 3D Beam calculator for lights with adjustable shutters, showing stage & head high views
- Advanced Group/Ungroup functions
- Scale to points, allows accurate scaling of imported object
- Streamlined user interface providing a faster and more efficient drafting experience
- Expanded lighting, audio, video, and scenic symbols
If you’re considering moving from VectorWorks or some other CAD software, but don’t know where to start, Drafty has a ton of tutorials on their YouTube channel to help you out.
- Drafty Quick Start Tutorial
- Introducing Text Editing with Drafty
- Drafty Channels and Templates
- Lighting Tools in Drafty
- More Drafty Tutorials
Drafty 4.0 Pricing
You can download Drafty 4.0 now, and there is a free trial offered.
They also offer monthly, annual, and perpetual subscriptions.
Due to the current and ongoing global health crisis, they have chosen to not raise prices at this time. As such, subscriptions start at $14.99/month for the A/V tools and $19.99/month for the lighting tools. The full-featured Drafty Pro is available for $29.99/month and includes all tool sets and fixture libraries. Drafty offers institutional site licenses for educational and professional organizations.