MAGNUM is an Atlanta based, full service lighting, audio, video & staging company providing rental, sales, permanent installation and productions services to the concert, corporate industrial, theater, houses of worship and special events communities.
Currently, MAGNUM is seeking an experienced, detailed oriented and talented individual for a Repair/Moving Light Technician position in our Warehouse/Service Department.
The responsibilities of this position are to interface closely with our clients, the manufacturers and our warehouse manager. The work includes in-shop bench service and repairs on our led and automated lighting inventory, customer in-shop and on-site lighting equipment and dimming and control system repairs and maintenance, and field service work. We also service audio and video systems. You will apply solutions to build and maintain project/repair budgets as well as specify and manage the labor for the project. Both field, bench and office work included. Success in this position requires a well-rounded individual with technical experience.
Responsibilities Include: (but not limited to)
- Repair/Service of both in house and out of house systems
- Schedule service/repair & installation
- Electronic repair
- Entertainment/Theatrical systems repair
- Customer Service management at all levels
- Close interaction between Operation and Sales Staff
- Construction drawing take-offs and communication with job site contractors
- Moderate travel required
- Minimum of 2 years of post-secondary education
- Minimum of 5 years experience in the Live Entertainment or related industry.
- Knowledge of entertainment technology and manufacturers.
- Knowledge of accepted practices and principles in entertainment technology.
- Ability to manage multiple tasks and projects simultaneously.
- Ability to work under pressure and manage the pressure to assure the success of your team and project.
- Should be highly motivated.
- Should be organized.
- Able to manage and multitask at a high level.
- Be a great listener, a problem solver, communicator & manager.
- Excel in customer service.
- ETCP Rigging Certified, preferred.
- ETCP Electrician Certified, preferred.
- ETC Certified, preferred.
- Computer skills; ACAD, Excel, Word, VectorWorks a plus
- Sick, Personal & Vacation time based on time of employment
- Company pays for required training and certifications