After the popularity of The Music in the Meadow series at Serenbe, the Atlanta Symphony Orchestra is moving forward with a new drive-in concert series named ‘Live From The Drive-In.’
The new in-person concert series is hosted by Ameris Bank Amphitheatre and will allow concertgoers a chance to enjoy the show from the comfort of their car and designated tailgating space.
Atlanta Symphony Drive-In Shows
There will be five shows, and each will take place in Lot A of Ameris Bank Amphitheatre.
- ASO Performs Windborne’s The Music of Led Zeppelin (Oct. 18)
- American country artist Lee Brice (Oct. 21)
- Rock 100.5 Presents Smith & Myers of Shinedown (Oct. 22)
- ASO Performs Windborne’s The Music of David Bowie (Oct. 25)
- Americana string band Old Crow Medicine Show (Oct. 26)
Tickets are on sale now via Ticketmaster.
One ticket per vehicle includes a parking spot as well as a private tailgate zone for up to four people.
We’ve discussed the popularity of drive-in concerts and movies as a safe way to enjoy in-person events during the pandemic.
Safety Guidelines for Live From The Drive-In
- Enjoy the concert in your own private individual tailgating zone – about the size of a 2 car garage. You can bring your own chairs, food and drinks to party and truly make the experience unique to you. A simple menu of food items and non-alcoholic beverages will also be available for purchase.
- 4 people is the maximum allowed per vehicle/tailgate space.
- Grills, BBQ pits, open fires, tents and the like are not permitted.
- Buses, large trucks, recreational vehicles, limousines, and other oversized vehicles will not be permitted.
- Underage or excessive drinking will not be tolerated and we insist that you drink responsibly. If your party is consuming alcoholic beverages, please plan to have a designated driver.
- Concert goers are not required to wear masks while in their assigned tailgate area, however, masks will be required if leaving your space to use the restroom facilities. Please check back and look out for pre-show communication via email and social as this information is subject to change.
- Each restroom unit is equipped with hand sanitizer. Hand sanitizers will also be available at multiple placements around the parking lot. Cleaning staff will also be sanitizing high-touch areas before, during and after the show, with increased frequency throughout the concerts.
- Please pay attention to all exit announcements as well as the instruction from parking attendants at the end of the show. This will allow everyone to get out efficiently and in a timely manner.
For more information, visit ASO’s Drive-In Guidelines.